Saturday, October 07, 2006

Henley Heaven


I had been thinking about doing a post about ol' Bob Petitt, the Baton Rogue, or my John Agar Hypno-Cube, but that aint gonna happen. The photo is of Wayne & Bobbi Henley, the Wayne I dedicated my book to, the Wayne "One and A Half Gun" Henley from my story HIGH MOON, my namesake. He called today, while I was at the print shop, and talked to my father, kept things vague, though it could be my father being very hard of hearing. What I do know is this: the Madisonville KY doctor gives Wayne Henley three months to live. I can't even cry because of the meds I take to control being bipolar and in pain. The last time I cried was 18 days after 9/11, it took me that long. Before that, when my grandfather died in 1996, though I can fall silent when hearing Johnny Cash or George Jones singing "He Stopped Loving Her Today." But I can't cry, I'm trying to right now and I can't. Wayne

4 Comments:

Blogger Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

Fuck, that's rough. We're going through similar worries with two close relatives. Maybe this pain is part of the price we pay for our own consciousness: "Why should a dog, a horse, a rat, have life-- and Thou, no breath at all?" I envy animal's ability to live completely in the moment with no fear for the future, but even they suffer Loss terribly, worse perhaps, with no way to rationalize the absence of friend or family. Best you can do is maintain your friendship with Wayne H. while you can and help him make his journey with the same humor and respect that the original friendship was built on. This doesn't help worth a damn, but I'm sorry.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear this, Wayne. Nothing much else to say except that I'm thinking good thoughts in your direction.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Yvonne Navarro said...

I'm sorry, hon.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Cathy VanPatten said...

Oh, Wayne. What a sad day.

I'm so sorry.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 11:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home