Saturday, September 02, 2006

Loyola Elevated Stop, 1984


Next to the Wendy's was the coolest used bookstore in Chicago, Project 1999. You had to climb ladders and across planks to get to various books. I still have a Polish Bible and a WHO'S WHO IN CHICAGO 1926, bought for seven dollars because there is a water stain on the inside front cover. Most of my Ed McBain 87th Precinct paperbacks were purchased in two visits. It is hard to see, but the billboard--the actual reason I took this photo, was about animal experimentation, and there is a photo of a cocker spaniel in a glass bottle. I use that image in my free style 30 page poem DESMOND'S INFERNO, with the line "the el train throttles past puppies in bottles." An odd phrase until you see the image actually existed. Later, Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home