Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Book Is Out!



FIENDS BY TORCHLIGHT is now available as fast as I can sign each copy. The brains behind Annihilation Press is Roger Dale Trexler, who is publishing a collection by Lawrence P. Santoro, JUST NORTH OF NOWHERE, early next year. You can order the book by checking the website at www.annihilationpress.com or by ordering a copy through Shocklines.com. Hardcovers and paperbacks are all going to be signed and are available at a price that is not eye-gouging. Two photos are published here, the latter is my author photo on the back cover, also by the legendary Greg Loudon, who made the cover as memorable as it is. Examples of his artwork, as mentioned in a previous post, can be seen in his sketchbook, CRUEL & UNUSUAL (with an introduction, "The Corpse Men Like," by some balding hermit in Burbank, Illinois, or at www.desolateangels.net. Why these two guys would put up with a crazy bipolar bastard like me is beyond me. The first photo was taken at the Red Lion, home of the Twilght Tales readings, and from left to right are myself, Larry Santoro, Roger Dale Trexler, Marty Mundt, with John Everson kind of squatting the way John Everson seems to enjoy doing. I have a funny look on my face both because Larry is leaning on my shoulder and (off-camera) Marty has his friend Giddyup Bandito dressed in a blood-stained clown suit, standing on a stack of CAT FANCY magazines, and seconds away of shooting a seltzer gun filled with bacon grease at my crotch. Enough of the past, what a silly night that was. Just wanted to tell you all about the book, because that is what literary whores do...I'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled life now...Wayne

4 Comments:

Blogger Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

Remember when Boris Badanov stole two letters from the title of ROCKY AND HIS FRIENDS, changing the name of the show to ROCKY AND HIS FIEND?
Heartiest congratulations. Save me a signed copy, and I'll even pay cash this time.
You didn't specify if it was warm bacon grease or not; let me tell you, as a frequent reader of CATGIRL FANNY, it makes a hell of a difference. One of them makes an excellent dressing for a fresh spinach salad.
Is Roger sober in that picture? Not that he wouldn't have published your book anyway, but wouldn't it be funny if he thought you were some OTHER Wayne Allen Sallee, the one who was on Oprah?

Sunday, October 01, 2006 4:27:00 AM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

Okay...I'll take a copy. I'll use it as the beginning of the Wayne Shrine. I figure the pilgrims will start arriving sometime after the first candle has been lit.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 1:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Yvonne Navarro said...

Great! I'll be looking for my Shocklines copy to arrive soon. :)

Sunday, October 01, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Charles Gramlich said...

A Wayne shrine! Now that's an idea. A real holy terror.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home