Thursday, September 21, 2006

Always My Anchor


The photo itself is of Ashley in 1999, 9/9/99, in fact. Dressed as a "Jailhouse Rock" convict to fit in proper with my surprise 40th birthday party, complete with an Elvis impersonator. But the computer page, straight from GOODFELLAS and (mis)spelled probably less than something Joe Pesci's character might have typed , was one of the many notes and drawings that Ashley has left me over the years to keep me sane. Well, sure, I was the one who taught her the phrase when she was seven, just like her first catch-phrase in kindergarten was "Hasta la vista, baby!" I thought this post might be a good transition in getting past the past and moving on with new thoughts. At least, until that next bright September day comes around next year...Wayne

1 Comments:

Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

I sometimes wonder what Elvis would be like in 2006. I wonder if he'd be in politics; fearfully I imagine him standing a shade to the right. Or perhaps he would have reinvented himself ala Frank Sinatra and emerged as a serious film actor in his early late forties, early fifties.

I can see the Elvis tribute concert, with Elvis at the end, rocking in out with the likes of McCartney, Clapton, Dylan, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, and other rock legends.

Or I can see Elvis sitting across from Larry King, discussing his tell all autobiography, explaining how he now has a relationship with Michael Jackson after almost killing him over the engagement to his daughter.

Oh well...

Rock on, Wayne. Rock on, Elvis.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home