Sunday, August 06, 2006

A Real Flashback



Wish I could've met this guy. He was one of the Ohio Sallees, best known for being on the team that played the Chicago Black Sox in the 1919 World Series. Slim also made Ripley's Believe It Or Not! by being the first pitcher to pitch a no-hitter in two consecutive World Series. Would have been nice to have seen him in FIELD OF DREAMS, maybe coming to Shoeless Joe Jackson's defense. Can't think of what actor would portray him...any suggestions? And, no, not Michael Berryman or Svengoolie, thanks. Slim died a few years before I was born, by the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Gramlich said...

I think you should play him, Wayne.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Lori Sallee said...

It's weird, but he sort of looks like my dad! And he's lost so much weight that he could definately play someone named slim-but it's probably a sin to act! Anyway I guess I agree with Charles ---you should play him. By the way, the older you get---the more you look like Granddaddy!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home