Friday, August 18, 2006

More From Graceland, 16-18 August, 1992



Please take note of my seedy moustache that makes me look like a Martin Mull wannabe or Ned Racine, the character William Hurt portrayed in BODY HEAT. If each wore glasses like Larry King, of course. I bought the Sacred Heart of Elvis at a gift shop and it cracked immediately, proving that there is a reason all Roman Catholics feel guilt for their actions. But I got away with writing on the wall...still an experience that will never leave my mind. Oh, and what a nice shot of my then-receding hairline...Long distance information, get me Memphis, Tennessee...Wayne

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

If its not Rick Saucedo, its not worth talking about. My Greatest Adventure? "I was in the Elvis cover band with Rick Saucedo's dog, and Little Jerry played bongos, shirtless!"

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

The character of Ned Racine was loosely based on my life, in what I still think is one of the best noir scripts EVER:

Ned: Lazy? Ugly? Horny? I got 'em all.
Matty: You don't look lazy.

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Damn Chris, I just now stopped having nightmares about that shirtless bongo playing... S#*t! now I'm having flashbacks.

Aaaahhh!!! Chicken Legs!!!!

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger ├ůsa said...

Well I kinda like that moustache. But oh m'god what a tacky picture (poster?) of Elvis! Jeeez!

Monday, August 21, 2006 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

You know, the mustache kinda makes me think of Ted Levine in "Monk."

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:29:00 AM  
Blogger kuroshii said...

i'm right there with you, sidney: the mustache reminds me of captain stottlemeyer (levine's character) from "monk." we simply won't get into the bonus-trivia that levine played "buffalo bill" in silence of the lambs fifteen years ago, shall we. ;)

d

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home