Saturday, July 01, 2006

Get Rythym


A few people emailed me today about my previous entry regarding typing to music. My usual one-liner is that, since part of my right hip is grafted into my left forearm, I can get to typing pretty quick to some old rockabilly or decent Cash or Elvis. I laugh about that until I actually rub the area under the keloid scar where the hip bone is like a hidden or misplaced bolt. But, where I never did get a blog entry up regarding the things I wanted to buy with my first decent paychecks in 16 months, I'll add that I did get out to Best Buy and picked up Cash's LOVE GOD MURDER, the first three CDs from his Americana series. THE MAN COMES AROUND, pictured left, is the fourth CD I have worn out if there is a way to wear out a CD, but I really want the fifth and last of the series, which includes the songs recorded in his last days here. I only can type to the murder songs, many are ballads, and it puts me in a good mindset. I am so familiar with the songs, they are more soothing than distracting. What that says of me, well, I think Mr. Cash might have understood. ...Wayne

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Gramlich said...

I've been playing Cash's cover of Trent Reznor's "Hurt," which in Cash's voice is an absolute masterpiece.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

You should look at the album The Rose and the Briar which includes an earlier version of Delia's Gone and lots of other tunes of love and death.

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home