Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fullerton Avenue Bleed Out



I went to the Red Lion tonight to see Mike Fountain and also read at open mike; I'll be changing shifts at my job and it will be a long time before I am up north during the week again. It was hot enough to get my head rolling inside out; that X-Ray shows how messed up my head got when I was hit by the car in '89. All I can do is let it bleed out, as in this photo from 2004. (Wednesday I am getting anti-inflammatory injections in my neck and back, and my entire upper body sort of loosens up in a way I cannot truly explain). I barely drank one Stella Artois, but stopped because my words were slurring from the roaring in my ears. I am tired and sad and lonely because I shared the el trains with females who were at the fireworks show after Taste of Chicago. I again wonder why God wants me to stick around. Surely not to yank out the old Scarlet Sponge photo album...Wayne

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles Gramlich said...

My left shoulder looks a little strange in x-rays these days, now that it's been broken in two places and knitted back together. Maybe we people of the strange x-rays are evolving. Or perhaps we're devolving? Are we becoming Homo sapiens superioris? Or Homo sap squidish? I guess we'll find out.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home