Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dr. Richard Kimble, Fugitive



I might as well be on the run seeing as how I've been out of contact with just about everybody for the past three and a half weeks. I've mentioned the new job at the printshop out in Alsip, and how humorous it might seem that I am the only passenger the bus driver leaves off at the I-94 interchange, as if I was hastily avoiding a roadblock further up near the Cal-Sag Bridge. The top photo shows how I then descend to the street below and walk towards my job at a dead end street in an industrial park. But after 15 months of being unemployed, I'll take all the overtime offered, and so I have just completed my third straight week of working 55 hours. Any free time at home has been mostly on writing projects or blowing paper dust from my nose and ears. The computer I work operates a Xerox Nuvera that prints 6,600 pages a minute. 15 months of looking for work I am qualified for and then I get a job I have never been qualified for, yet seem to be pulling it off. Like Dr. Kimble becoming a fugitive, and staying one step of Lt. Gerard for four years. (Of course, I am the one-armed man, too, as I type with only two fingers.) But here I am, checking in. Still around, a few bills current, and the cars driving along I-94 towards Indiana still scratch their heads at the guy with the satchel and jacket, most drivers not know there is a bus stop sign there. ...Wayne

3 Comments:

Blogger Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:58:00 PM  
Blogger Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

Avec votre permission, I have taken the liberty of posting these vacation snapshots

of your wait at the bus stop.

They were obtained by the NSA under the assurance of the Attorney General that If You Are Not Guilty You Have Nothing to Fear...

Saturday, June 24, 2006 9:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so funny. would you like to join me as a Blogger in this new site ?

see
http://www.thesmsguide.com/blog/

Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home