Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Blame It On The Moon


I wouldn't be typing this right now if there was not a spell-check feature; going through a rough patch with my spasming, so I'm down to one finger typing very slowly as I bite quite intensely one a toothpick. I write about a character called The American Dream, pictured here, who has journal entries in his narratives bereft of spell-check, as I started writing about Evan Shustak with his heating-pad cape and wrist splint fighting gloves back in the 80s on my Smith-Corona Galaxy Twelve manual typewriter. That's kind of off the point, but the character is mildly insane from his chronic pain, and it kind of leads me back to the beginning of my entry. While I had my collie Buddy the Mitch in the backyard, I noticed a full moon, and maybe that was a reason for several replies to my Waverly Fields entry. My cousin Lori corrected me, it is indeed Waverly HILLS in real life, I had changed it for my story and kind of misplaced the reality of it in my head, and Mike Fountain, who did an enthralling slideshow viewing of the history of tarot cards at the Red Lion last month, sent several really cool comments, which I suggest any of you to go back and read. I have good days and I have bad days and then I have REALLY bad PORTIONS of days where my pain is so bad and my small motor function is so intensely excrutiating, that I fell like I need to be strapped down in a bed like Lon Chaney Jr. as doomed Larry Talbot. I wait for the intensity of this pain to subside, avoiding narcotics or alcohol, as if it was a phase of the moon. More than once, I've compared werewolves to alcoholics, you feel pity for them, but in most cases, they are not anything to be scared of. The meltdowns on the city streets, I mean, not the wife beaters in the townhouses and tract houses throughout the land. Anyone who raises a hand to someone inferior needs a silver bullet in his balls. I leave you with a great quote I passed on to Mike, from the actor Lionel Atwill, in 1944: "See---one side of my face is gentle and kind, incapable of anything but love of my fellow man. The other side, the other profile, is cruel and predatory and evil, incapable of anything but the lusts and dark passions. It all depends on which side faces the moon at the ebb of the tide." I'm out here somewhere...Wayne

5 Comments:

Blogger Larry Santoro said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

I almost didn't get that one -- who can tell the difference between a q and a g on those swirly, windstormed letters they give you to repeat!?

And now to type: pdmdht!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

Maybe I'll get it right this time!

hat sounds like LESLIE BANKS who got the lead in "The Most Dangerous Game" (shot at the same time, on many of the same sets, and using some of the same actors as the original "King Kong") because one side of his face had been inujred in WW I giving that profile a sardonic or evil look, while the other was gentle and mild.

But I'm wayning you! I don't see a picture of Evan here. Is it I?! Is it my evil at-work monitor?

See...I posted a note about the above but got the name wrong. Got it wrong twice! Thus the two deletions. Wouldn't want people to know I made mistakes!

Ah well, back to the grind...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

is it just me, or does Wayne in that ski mask remind anyone else of the Comedian in Alan Moore's "The Watchmen", the fascist Nick Fury in an S and M mask?
--Michael F (toujours more Hawkeye than Ant-Man)

Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home