Saturday, April 15, 2006

Watership Down and the Brothers Grimm



It's been spring AND summer in the past few days, but today is Saturday, by far the quietest day of the week. A day to start by sitting with my border collie watching rabbits rummage in the front yard of the long-abandoned Hansel & Gretel house next door. It is a day when I can have the same patience as Buddy the Mitch, be content to just watch the rabbits burrow. It was good to do this and not pick up the mystery novel at my side, the dog had long since plopped down on the edge of my little porch, head in paws. After about an hour, the real day started, when the guy next door started working on his motorcycle and those getting ready to host Easter dinner went about making things presentable with their weed-whackers and leaf blowers. The rabbits had retreated into the deserted backyard, the dog and I continued the day's follies indoors. As ever, Wayne

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Wow, that was so whimsical! I didn't know you had it in you. I was expecting something bad to happen, but now I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Monday, April 17, 2006 9:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home