Tuesday, April 11, 2006

That Day...


They are playing the 911 tapes on the news and I've seen the trailer for UNITED 93. The events on 9/11 happened while I was in transit to the Loop. People were reading TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD because that was the choice for the One Book, One City program. I read that years ago, instead I had a printed copy of Marty Mundt's "Pennies From Mr. Heaven" to look over. The Pentagon was hit when I was getting off the train and by the time I got to my old office the towers had fallen. I still hold in so much anger over the events of that day, and I am somewhat surprised that no one has blown himself up in one of our buildings. As ever, Wayne

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Don't worry, there are still towers on earth-3, the earth where its 2006 and Robert Mitchum was born in the back of the yards in 1959 and loves to fight transplant kids from humboldt park.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home