Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Woke Up This Morning...


Willy Sid was inclined to email me at about 6:00 this morning and told me he was able to download the Sopranos theme onto one of those newfangled iPod things. Now I can't get the song out of my head, either. I think of certain buildings seen in opening credits of television and cable shows, all of the taverns with Old Style ON TAP signs and ratty buildings in the opening credits of HILL STREET BLUES are long since decimated. All that is left standing is the original Maxwell Street Station House, the rest a regentrified mess. I emailed Sid my Gangster City photo taken at 23rd & Pulaski circa 1981 because it has a certain timlessness, and it might have been a neighborhood Uncle Junior might have driven by in the opening credits of a 1980s Sopranos. Woke up this morning, with a blue moon in my mind...Wayne

5 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

Let me clarify - I couldn't find the version from the show on iTunes so I didn't download it. There are three or four variations from A3 but I was looking for the show's "Woke Up This Morning." I had to settle for humming it all day as well.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:25:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

Yes! And the song, along with Paulie Walnuts and/or Miss Meadow holding forth on a variety of subjects, can be downloaded from the Sopranos website and used as cell phone rings and announcements!

Stop by and blog: http://blufftoninthedriftless.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

Hi, Wayne. This is you!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

Wayne. I found out why you have to leave an email address. You're going to the email slot. If you click on the reply line, you get this place...

Now. Stop by my place and blolg me, blog me good big boy: http://blufftoninthedriftless.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

sounds a little like the cabrini green documentary styled film ganster city:
http://www.gangstacity.net/

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home