Thursday, March 02, 2006



Rachel and Sid both helped me with this template/font mess. Why would ANYBODY think it's air traffic controllers or postal dudes who start hearing voices? I always hear voices, but trying to work around this "easy on the eye" stuff has my voices hearing THEIR OWN voices. I do have an entry for today, lest you all think I am just rambling. Yesterday was Ash Wednesday and, without thinking, I went to the basement of St. Peter's in the Loop, jacket unzipped, wearing my really cool-o Frankenstein t-shirt. Now remember, as a polak raised by hillbillies, I was raised as a devout Roman Cat'lik. But the priest must have seen my shirt because the Franciscan dude thumbed the ashes across my forehead so hard that fragments went into my lower eyelid and onto my nose. On the plus side, I found that I have discernible sinus reaction to ashes that have been blessed. Also, this wasn't as bad as the time I wore my Daredevil t-shirt last summer as I walked down Fullerton Avenue searching for the underpass with the Salt Stain Virgin Mary. Old men on steps kept hissing El Diablo at me, I thought because my bald scalp was red from the sun. Talk to you invisible people on my same wavelength soon. And, Chris, hypertime be damned! Your chattel, Wayne

3 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

Wow,pics and all. The Manor is really starting to take shape.

Friday, March 03, 2006 5:29:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

Now that's better! And with pictures, too!

Come blog with me: http://blufftoninthedriftless.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 03, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger Hypatia said...

Given all you stream of consciousness thoughts and library of odd self portraits, I do think this really is your natural medium.

That makes me wonder, rather than a gypsy rolling her eyes and gasping out strange warnings, do you think any dead people are interested in joining the modern world and using a blog instead?

Friday, March 03, 2006 8:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home