Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My cousin Denise the M. E.


Actually, she's the Medical Examiner in most of my stories set in Cook County. She has quite extensive medical knowledge, and my making her the county ME was a trade-off for her patiently answering my questions, an example being how long would it take someone to die after having a strychnine enema? She sent me an email asking why I didn't post an entry on her birthday...she was born the day my dad became a beat cop. Her family lived across from mine on Crystal Street in Humboldt Park, so there was a lot of stuff going on that March day in 1962. She lives back in Louisville now on a street named after a drink that is always my personal demon. At least when I am in Kentucky I have sense enough to buy a bottle, instead of sitting in an Omaha bar spending $66.00 on shots because the convention I was at was giving me the heebie-jeebies. And there you have it. Nite nite. Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home