Saturday, March 18, 2006

55th and Fairfield




Not really a tongue-twister. On March 18, 1989, right about this time of the morning, I walked out of my doctor's office and was hit by a Dodge Daytona. For a long time, I really had troubles dealing with this particular anniversary, all the attendent memories that go with it, Tienamen Square and the Iditerod dog races, my recovery took me from winter through the end of hurricane season, it was Hugo that hit Florida bad that year. The one thing that holds true is that I still carry the constant thought of what I'd be reading and or writing when I took the unexpected dirt nap. Ironically, that day, I was reading Nelson Algren's NEVER COME MORNING and the last thing I had written was a check to my doctor. I'd leave you all by saying remember to look both ways, but that doesn't really matter. And, worse, everyone drives while talking on cell phones now. Your chattel, Wayne

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

i keep hearing the ramones 53rd and 3rd while reading this post

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home