Tuesday, February 28, 2006


Well, TessLass has been on my @$$ to post something already, and I had told her I needed the time to post the RIGHT thing as a first post. I had intended to write not my thoughts, but rather, random muttering of the whack job natives on the el train or wandering the Loop. Sadly, the first three meltdowns spoke in homicidal terms, so I can't really start with a post like that. So I guess it all comes back to MY random mutterings. Fine. There is one thing I can write about that has been on my mind. If I became a zombie, what would my likely wardrobe be? Jeans and black Doc Marten-ripoffs from Payless Shoe Source, that's a given, plus my black leather jacket. But would I be wearing my Daredevil t-shirt, or my Nightshade Books posse shirt, with Jeremy Lassen in shades staring up at me for all time (granted there is no caked blood on his visage)? Ideally, I'd like it to be my beige shirt that reads BOHICA in black letters. It is a military term for Bend Over, Here It Comes Again. A gift from my chiropractor, twisted man that he is. I have a black shirt that says CORONER, but if I have that jacket on, everyone thinks my name is Ron. Go figure. I am just hoping that, when its zombie day, I'm not caught wearing my Elvis jumpsuit because the damn things itches. And there you have it, my first post ever. Ever. Until next time, remember, not many people really asked for this time. Wayne

8 Comments:

Blogger Hypatia said...

What would really suck would be if you were buried first, your relatives dressed you and THEN you came back.

It was bad enough being dressed by my mom when I was little -- I remember the hideous 70's floor length red plaid, pleated wool skirts, poofy shirts and the Dorothy Hammil haircut. *shudder* *shudder*

I just can't see them agreeing to put my corpse into my "Tentacle Rape! Ask me how!" shirt.

Suddenly I'm struck by the flood of images of how each person in my life would dress my corpse. Okay, now that's just disturbing -- and surreal. I better specify who I want my corpse dresser to be in my will -- lest I end up with a crushed black velvet jacket, hot pink frilly blouse, a mini and PVC go-go boots and a goth makeup job.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of non-stop virtual yammering.

von
http://www.yvonnenavarro.com
http://yvonnenavarro.livejournal.com/

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Maurice Broaddus said...

it's about time you started one of these.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

Welcome to the wondrous world of Blog!

Stop by mine: http://blufftoninthedriftless.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You could wear the BOHICA shirt in solidarity with Cowboy Ray and the blood on Archer Avenue. I would also suggest a "Zatanna wiped my brain and all I got was this lousy t shirt."

Of course this does nothing to address what Sally Anne Wayneski will be wearing in Burbank on Earth 2.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I was sort of hoping you were the owner of a pet store in Florida. I'd then have an excuse to order some snakes through the mail.

I read in Scientific American -- or maybe it was the Onion -- that there are now more blog posts than stars in the heavens. And to think that not one of them contributes a single meaningful thing to existence.

Gotta go, my blog calls.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Santoro said...

Well...black's good. But the dark blue is still hard to read.

Keep at it, Wayne!

Come blog with me: http://blufftoninthedriftless.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:09:00 PM  
Blogger Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

... Just be sure to wash your hands afterwards.
-- Michael
http://michaelfountain.blogspot.com/
http://michaelfountain.org/

Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home